About Phoenix Press
January 2004 saw the inauguration of a new publishing house for biblical studies and related fields: Sheffield Phoenix Press. Continuing the best traditions of publishing from Sheffield, it makes its aim to support scholarship with high quality academic books and journals. Phoenix has developed a distinctive presence among publishers serving the field of biblical studies. It undertakes
Sheffield Phoenix Press is located in the Department of Philosophy of the University of Sheffield. It is directed by its Publishers, David J.A. Clines (Editor of the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew) and J. Cheryl Exum (formerly Editor of Biblical Interpretation), both members of the Department.
- to be an independent company (not part of a conglomerate)
- to be managed by academics for academics (not in order to maximize profit)
- to be led by the publishing ideas of academics (rather than commissioning scholars to carry out the agenda of the publisher)
- to concentrate on scholarly monographs
- to offer a 50% discount for individual scholars and students on all hardback books, year round
- to maintain an accurate and up-to-date website
- to provide thoughtful order processing and clear information on prices and delivery times
The General Manager of the Press is Ailsa Parkin.
Click here for contact details